The demo session fosters the demonstrations of novel technologies and applications by means of original interactive showcases.
In line with IEEE LANMAN 2018 main track, the topics of interest include network and transport mechanisms for latency reduction, intelligent routing and forwarding, reliable transport in heterogeneous access networks, multi-path transport, load aware packet forwarding, in-network caching, in-network processing, packet scheduling, active queue management, context-aware networking, named-data networking, Internet of Things, vehicular communications, machine to machine communications, machine to human communications, group communications, secure transport for group communications, model-driven networking for intelligent edge applications, intent-based networking for intelligent edge applications, and API for intelligent edge applications.
Authors of accepted demo papers will be provided with a table, a power supply and Wi-Fi Internet access (NAT only) by default.
Accepted demo papers will be indexed by IEEE-Xplore and will be distributed with the official symposium proceedings. No show will preclude publication in IEEE-Xplore.
Authors must be present during the Demo session and must be associated with an author registration at the full rate. One full registration is valid for presenting a cumulative number of demos/papers/posters up to three.
We envisage two kinds of demo:
- Associated demo papers, which must provide the demonstration of concepts presented by a paper accepted in the IEEE LANMAN 2018 main track.
- Not-associated demo papers, which must provide the demonstration of novel technologies and applications in general.
A “best demo award” will be given, based on community judging by registered participants.
Please, in the case you are uncertain whether your demo falls within the scope of the symposium, as well as for any other question, do not hesitate to consult Demo Co-Chairs (see contacts below).
- Paper submission deadline for not-associated demo paper: April 10
- Paper submission deadline for associated demo paper: May 8
- Acceptance notification for not-associated demo papers: May 15
- Acceptance notification for associated demo papers: May 15
- Camera-ready for all demo papers: May 18
- Early registration for all demo papers: [To Be Defined]
Submissions should be a two-page short paper in PDF format and files can be uploaded in the EDAS demo submission website ([ADD THE URL]). Specifically, the short paper should briefly state the addressed problem and its relation to the IEEE LANMAN 2018 research topics, the approach taken to solve the problem, and the main features that will be practically shown during the demo session. It is also strongly recommended to provide the URL to download the demo software, if any. In case of acceptance, authors should produce a poster supporting the demo (32 inches x 42 inches in portrait mode).
- Giuseppe Piro (Politecnico di Bari, Italy), firstname.lastname@example.org
- Agnese Ventrella (Politecnico di Bari, Italy), email@example.com